When you create a store using the Extended Sites Hub, you are prompted to select the Store organization under which your store will be created.
You can decide what should be value for this parameter by understanding the Extended sites organization structure.
However, in case you choose the wrong organization, please follow the simple steps below to map the store to a new organization.
For the purpose of demonstration, I created a B2C- Madison based extended sites store under the Root Organization. If we go through the Extended sites organization structure, we will understand that we should have selected the Seller Organization instead.
Tables we will update:
Step 1 : Modify the Store Organistation relationship in MBRREL
- Query the ORGENTITY table to get the descendant_id for your store – Lets call it orgentityId
- Query MBRREL to study the current organization entity relationships. We will find one record mapping your store to Root Organisation (-2001) and sequence = 1
- Update the SEQUENCE for the current record to 2. update mbrrel set sequence = 2 where descendant_id = < orgentityId >;
- Insert a new record mapping your store to Seller Organisation ( In my DB , orgentity_id for the same is 7000000000000000001insert into mbrrel values (< orgentityId >, 7000000000000000001,1,0 );
Step 2: Update the DN in ORGENTITY to reflect the new Store Organization relationship
- Study the current DN of the store, it will be something like the following –ou=root organizationmyretail,o=root organization
- Modify it to reflect the new organization structure as follow
- Update the ORGENTITY table –
ou=root organizationmyretail,o=seller organization,o=root organization
update orgentity set dn = 'ou=root organizationmyretail,o=seller organization,o=root organization' where orgentity_id=< orgentityId >;